Monday, April 20, 2009

What is a good job/ salary to support a family of four?

My friend, Michelle, has a father, Lucas, who%26#039;s been making about $30,000 a year. She has a sister, Mikayla, who spends a ton of money on clothes, presents/gifts, etc. at the mall and other expensive places. Her mother tries to keep the family running and happy with medium-large meals 3 times a day. She always buys Michelle and Mikayla, of course, what they want...well almost everything...I%26#039;d say 85-90% of what they want is bought for them. Her mother cleans the house every week and her father, Lucas, has 3 fish tanks that are 15-gallons, 50-gallons, and a very small 1-gallon for the babies that one fish just hatched. Their house is about 3600 sq. ft. Michelle wants a lot of money to go to the mall and stuff with her friends.


They spend a lot of money on like computers, and things like that so they look like a really rich family. They also spend TONS AND TONS of money on plants and curb appeal and home decor. The problem is that Lucas is struggling to support all of them. WHAT TO DO?!

What is a good job/ salary to support a family of four?
I have friends like that too, i refer to it as %26quot;Keeping up with the Jones%26quot; (some say the Smiths...)...anyways, my husband %26amp; I bought a major fixer upper house, and live w/in our means, where as some friends built or bought gorgeous houses! At first i was a little jealous of what they had, but throughout time I have realized that money does not affect my happiness, yes it may cause stress, but having a loving home %26amp; a loving partner means soo much more to me than anything money could buy. I feel bad for your friends Father, but at one point in time there living beyond their means is going to catch up w/ them, and they are going to have to make drastic changes. I hope that there relationship will be strong enough to handle budgets %26amp; cutting back on the spending!



loan

No comments:

Post a Comment