Monday, April 20, 2009

I've got a sprouting rose stem with no roots...any advice?

I got a long stem rose as a gift a few weeks ago, it bloomed beautifully and then slowly dried itself out without slumping over like most of the cut roses I received in past did, now I have just the stem and little sprouts between the leaf sections...the stem is simply set in water and has lots of sunlight and seems to be loving it...is it possible to root the stem and create a rose plant from this?

I%26#039;ve got a sprouting rose stem with no roots...any advice?
yes it is possible to root, try using a rooting hormone. keep in mind that rose is a hybrid and will not have a cold hardy root if you live in colder zones.
Reply:you have the stem now just keep doing what u r. that is keeping it in water. after a couple of days just u will see some roots coming out of the stem then just insert the roots in the soil and watch ur plant grow. i no this came be done my mom had a mony plant stem and now its a plant.



make up

No comments:

Post a Comment