Saturday, July 25, 2009

How much will it cost for a landscape plan like the ones I see on HGTV?

I have been given a gift of a landscaping project of my choice. Since I'm always upgrading beds, planting trees, and generally tinkering around the yard, it seems like maybe the best gift would be for somebody to give me one of those plans for my entire yard like they do on Landscapers Challenge and other similar shows on HGTV.





How much should I expect to pay for just a plan, and how should I go about finding a person or company who can provide one? I am in New York, about 70 miles from NYC.

How much will it cost for a landscape plan like the ones I see on HGTV?
The answer to your question depends on wether or not you hire a landscape designer or a landscape architect. 80 percent of the time you will actually get a better design from a landscape designer. Find a person who has a background in horticulture not landscape architecture. They will take in all your needs and wants and incorporate plants and hardscapes you already have.


I am not from New york, I am from the Midwest and I wish I could get $ 2500 dollars for a landscape design.


In New york I would expect for you to pay between $1200-1800 for a full property design.


You can find a registered landscape designer through your local landscape association.
Reply:An old rule of thumb is to take the retail value of the plants you choose and multiply it by 2.5. That should cover installation and design costs. That means that if the plants you choose cost $1000, you can count on a minimum of $2500 for plans and install.





If you want some of the other jazz that the HGTV shows include like fountains and hardscape (patios, walk and walls) you can re-double based on the level of complexity.





Remember..."Cheap landscaping ain't good and good landscaping ain't cheap."





Bug Doc



skin disease

No comments:

Post a Comment